Television, radio, the newsreels , newspapers, preachers and priests used worry you about things. Now Twitter and Facebook make you concerned about things that you don’t need to be concerned about.
This is nothing new. You don’t need to worry.
Many of the things you think you need to be concerned about, you don’t need to be concerned about. Here are some recent ones:
- Jeremy Clarkson says something about the public service strikes on The One Show on television. You really can just ignore this. It means nothing at all and will reoccur not matter what you do.
- Sunderland football club sacks a manager and hires a new one. Again not need to worry about this. It will happen again soon.
- Cocaine found on 11% of UK notes – Pfft.
- Ricky Gervais and people with dwarfism – he keeps changing his mind and has gone off the boil. Never mind, a new comedian will be along soon.
- Hipsters on ‘fixies’ – stop being concerned, the fashion will pass.