“Robots perform a pole dance on the eve of the start of the 2014 CeBIT technology trade fair in Hannover.” Yes, that is apparently what CeBIT attendees want to see – the sexual objectification of… robots.
Just how many things are wrong with pole dancing robots – complete with ‘breasts’ – is difficult to actually calculate. Let’s try a few:
- They are robots. This is like watching toasters masturbating.
- They are ‘females’ due to their plastic breasts. So it’s misogyny.
- It is not sexy. They are robots.
- Surely if they really needed to get off on watching women perform, then technologists in Germany could find real pole dancers in Hannover?
- Female technologists and attendees must really have felt comfortable.
Please feel free to add your own reasons in the comments below.
Thanks to Louise for providing this video context.
—- END UPDATE —-